Clay Cross Kino Hall
A Kino hall was the old-fashioned name for a cinema hall and Clay Cross once had one.
The hall was situated at the top of Market Street next to The Gardeners Inn across from Market Street pharmacy. It also had an exit on Eyre Street
The Kino was a cinema from 1914 until 1933 it had 450 seats and 1 cinema screen.After closure it was split and the Market Street side was used by Spriggs Printers and the Eyre Street side was used by Eric Houseleys Motorcycles. The building was demolished in the late 80s early 90s and shops was built in its place.